News and Info
May is Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month
facilitates candid and open
communication between adults with Cystic Fibrosis,
supports the development of a community of adults with CF
and provides education and insight for families, caregivers,
and medical professionals who impact our lives.
Between Oct 1, and Oct. 21, 2006 Breathing Room is accepting proposals for new projects. So, if you have/had been thinking of a project that you think would be a good fit with this organization, now is the time to submit your idea!
Here is what we are looking for in terms of a proposal:
- ideas that fit with Breathing Room (we are an arts and healing organization supporting the CF community)
- a brief description of the project
- how many people it is estimated to need (i.e. one project manager, 5-20 painting volunteers)
- a description of the materials needed (i.e. paint, paintbrushes, butcher paper and turpentine)
- the proposed "end use" for the project (exhibition, distribution to CF centers, etc)
- timeline for the project (initial planning: 3 months, actual painting time 4 days, exhibit: open ended)
- general budget for the project (paint - $200, brushes - $40, exhibit and distribution - unknown)
Please send your ideas to us at:
17499 San Franciscan Drive
Castro Valley, CA 94552 - or-
please include your email address and/or return address and you will hear from us by the end of January, 2007.
thank you very much and we look forward to hearing from you!